On February 14, 2022 at approximately 2:58 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were conducting general patrol in Wawa when they observed a motorized snow vehicle (MSV) travelling in a dangerous manner. Police stopped the MSV on Third Avenue.
As a result of the investigation, Spencer WRIGHT, 27 years-of-age, of Wawa was arrested and charged with the following:
- Operation While Prohibited, contrary to section 320.18(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC) (Three Counts),
- Dangerous operation, contrary to section 320.13(1) of the CC,
- Flight from peace officer, contrary to section 320.17 of the CC, and
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order, contrary to section 733.1(1) of the CC.
The accused was remanded into custody, pending a bail hearing.
- SE OPP – Multiple Charges Laid after Traffic Complaint - May 17, 2022
- SE OPP – Charges laid after domestic dispute in Hornepayne - May 9, 2022
- SE OPP – Charges laid after drugs found at business - May 9, 2022