Dec 2, 2021 at 07:56
Light snow ending this morning then mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Snow mixed with rain early this morning. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light this morning. Temperature falling to minus 7 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 11 this afternoon. UV index 1 or low.
Tonight – Clearing this evening. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 18. Wind chill minus 15 this evening.
Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma
There are 361 (down 17) active cases, and 9 (no change) hospitalized of COVID-19 in the Algoma District today.
- The Ontario government is investing up to $3 million through the Celebrate Ontario Blockbuster Program to support the return of the Canadian Football Leagues’ championship game to Hamilton. The funding includes $1.5 million for the 108th Grey Cup game on December 12 and $1.5 million for the 110th Grey Cup and Grey Cup Festival in 2023.
- The Ontario government is making the largest single hospital infrastructure investment in Ontario history by making a multi-billion-dollar investment to build a new, state-of-the-art Mississauga Hospital and expanding Queensway Health Centre, both of which are part of Trillium Health Partners.
- Monte McNaughton, Minister of Labour, Training and Skills Development, and Deepak Anand, Parliamentary Assistant, will make an announcement about apprenticeship training in Ontario at 9:30 a.m. in Scarborough.
- Rod Phillips, Minister of Long-Term Care, to make an announcement at 10:30 a.m. in Toronto.
- Vic Fedeli, Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade, will make an announcement on the auto sector in Ontario at 10:00 a.m. in Markham.
- Doug Downey, Attorney General, and Donna Skelly, Parliamentary Assistant and MPP for Flamborough-Glanbrook, will be joined by Lisa MacLeod, Minister of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries, to make an announcement about social and charitable gaming at 11:30 a.m. in Waterdown.