There were no new fires discovered by the time of this report. At the time of this update, there are six active wildland fires in the region.
- Timmins 10 is under control at 0.8 of a hectare and is located northwest of Timmins.
- Timmins 11 is under control at 0.1 of a hectare. This fire is also located northwest of Timmins
- Sudbury 31 is being held at 0.8 of a hectare and is located northeast of Whiskey Lake.
- Sudbury 32 is under control at 1 hectare. This fire is located east of Serpent River near Clear Lake.
- Algonquin Park 7 is under control at 0.2 of a hectare and is located near Grand Lake.
- Cochrane 10 measures 74 hectares and is being observed, approximately 100 kilometres southeast of Moose Factory.
The forest fire hazard ranges from low to moderate across the region. For up to date forest fire hazard conditions in your area, see the interactive fire map at Ontario.ca/forestfires.
Help prevent forest fires
Adopt safe campfire practices! Choose the site of your campfire carefully and keep your fire small. Stay nearby: never leave it unattended. Put your fire out by drowning it with water. Be sure that it is extinguished prior to leaving the site. Stir the ashes with a stick to uncover hot coals and then drown it again. You can never be too safe.
Consider alternatives to burning brush or yard waste, such as chipping or composting when possible, or saving burn piles for the fall or after the fire season. Use of outdoor fires must follow the outdoor burning rules set out in the Forest Fire Prevention Act of Ontario. Fires are to be started no sooner than two hours before sunset and extinguished no later than two hours after sunrise. Fires should never be left unattended and tools and water should be close at hand to put the fire out. More details on outdoor burning regulations can be found online atOntario.ca/forestfire
For information about the current forest fire situation: 1-888-220-7242
For updates on the fire situation, visit ontario.ca/forestfire or follow us on Twitter@ONforestfires.
To report a forest fire located north of the French and Mattawa rivers, please dial 310-FIRE. To report a forest fire south of these rivers, dial 911.