Summer is over and the Municipality is returning to its regular council meeting schedule. Tonight in Council Chambers, Council will be holding a Council Meeting at 6 p.m.
The Corporation of the Municipality of Wawa
Regular Council Meeting Agenda Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Council Chambers 6:00 p.m.
- CALL TO ORDER & NOTE MEMBERS PRESENT
- KPMG – 2017 Financial Statement
- REVIEW OF ADDENDUM & APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- Approval of the Agenda (resolution)
- ANNOUNCEMENTS, GIVING OF NOTICE AND SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS
- Regional Mayors Group Meeting – Monday, September 10, 2018, at 11:00 a.m., 3 Maple Street
- Corporate Planning Committee Meeting – Tuesday, September 11, 2018, at 6:00 p.m., Council Chambers
- Library Board Meeting – Monday, September 17, 2018, at 6:30 p.m., Wawa Public Library
- Heritage Committee Meeting – Wednesday, September 19, 2018, at 4:00 p.m., 3 Maple Street
- Cemetery Committee Meeting – Monday, September 24, 2018, at 3:00 p.m., Council Chambers
- Community Development Committee Meeting – Monday, September 24, 2018, at 6:30 p.m., MMCC Meeting Room
- Police Services Board Meeting – Wednesday, September 26, 2018, at 1:00 p.m., Council Chambers
- Regular Council Meeting – Tuesday, October 2, 2018, at 6:00 p.m., Council Chambers
- DECLARATION OF PECUNIARY INTEREST AND THE GENERAL NATURE THEREOF
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of the Consent Agenda
- Approval of Minutes (resolution)
(a) Regular Council Meeting, Tuesday, August 14, 2018
- PUBLIC MEETINGS – PLANNING ACT
- Committee of Adjustment Hearing (resolution). Minor Variance Application – Tesla Motors Canada – Application No. A-
- INFORMATIONAL REPORTS
- CLOSED MEETING REPORTS
- NEW BUSINESS
- Approve Accounts – August 2018 (resolution)
- Approve Funding for 2018 Curb Stop Repairs
- Accept 2017 Audited Financial Statement (resolution)
- NOTICE OF MOTION
- First, Second and Third Reading
- By-Law No. 3145-18 – to amend By-Law No. 2821-15 as amended, the Zoning By-Law for the Municipality of Wawa with respect to lands located at 90 Broadway Avenue described legally as Lot 494, Plan M-27, PCL 3097 AWS. (see attached schedule forming part of this By-Law).
- By-Law No.3146-18 -to confirm the proceedings of Council at its meeting held on the 4th day of September, 2018.
- By-Law No. 3147-18 – to amend By-Law No. 2821-15 as amended, the Zoning By-Law for the Municipality of Wawa with respect to lands located at 4 Broadway Avenue, described legally as Lots 45 and 46, Plan M-27, PCL 97 AWS and PCL 203 AWS (see attached schedule forming part of this By-Law).
- By-Law No. 3148-18 – to appoint a Joint Compliance Audit Committee.
- CONSIDERATION OF BY-LAWS
- IN-CAMERA SESSION (CLOSED MEETING)
- Moving onto “In-Camera Session”
- Legal Issue (2 Item) – advice that is subject to solicitor client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose (Municipal Act, c.25, s. 239 (2) (f))
- Insurance Claim
- Breach of Contract
- Personal Issue (1 Item) Staffing – personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local board employees (Municipal Act, c.25, s. 239 (2) (b)).
- Legal Issue (1 Item): Landfill Site – litigation or potential ligitation, including matters before administrative tribunals, affecting the municipality or local board (Municipal Act. c.25, s.239 (2) (e))
- Legal Issue (1 Item): KPMG Audit Findings – the security of the property of the municipality or local board. (Municipal Act. c.25, s.234 (2) (a))
- CLOSE OF MEETING
- Close of Meeting