The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Latest posts by This Media Release (see all)
- MMCC Condensor Replacement - February 18, 2020
- No Grounds to Proceed with Charges in Relation to Collision Between Snowmobile and Cruiser in Wawa - February 18, 2020
- Minister of Education on Resumed Negotiations with OECTA - February 18, 2020