Dec 14, 2017 @ 08:13
On the evening of Tuesday, December 12, 2017, officers of the Marathon Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) received information regarding a male that may be possibly carrying a loaded firearm in the Marathon area.
After further investigation and patrol of the area, the male was located and arrested under the interest of public safety as well as his level of intoxication in a public place.
When the male was searched officers discovered a restricted firearm with ammunition, as well as a prohibited knife, several pills, cash, and other drug-related items.
Erik CONSTANTIN, a 23-year-old male from Marathon ON, was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Carry concealed weapon
- Unauthorized Poss of a Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle knowing there was a Firearm
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm/Ammunition
- Unauthorized Possession of Weapon
- Poss of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking-Other Drugs
- Poss of a Schedule IV substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
He was held for video bail and remanded into custody. The male was transported to the Thunder Bay District Jail to await further court bail hearings.
- East Algoma OPP – ATV Operator Arrested After Failing to Stop for Police - February 22, 2024
- East Algoma OPP – OPP See high presence of deer on roadways including Hwy 17 - February 22, 2024
- Nipigon OPP – Arrest made after investigation into drug trafficking - February 22, 2024