Apr 13, 2022 at 07:56
Weather: – Rainfall Warning
- Today – Cloudy. Periods of rain beginning early this morning. Rain mixed with snow this morning. Risk of freezing rain early this morning. Rainfall amount 5 mm. Wind northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40. High plus 3. UV index 2 or low.
- Tonight – Periods of rain. Fog patches developing overnight. Amount 10 to 20 mm. Wind east 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light overnight. Low plus 1.
|Current||Previous||Change from previous report|
|Confirmed Cases in 2022||5,079||5,013||66|
|Deceased in 2022||25||25||0|
|Central & East Algoma||723||719||4|
|Elliot Lake & Area||328||321||7|
|Sault Ste. Marie & Area||5,969||5,914||55|
- The Sault Ste. Marie Region Conservation Authority is warning that the Sault area may experience flooding in low-lying areas as a Colorado Low may bring between 30 and 60 mm of rain. That same weather system is expected to bring similar amounts of rain to the Wawa area and some of the same problems.
- Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Commissioner Thomas Carrique has dedicated a Hawkesbury bridge in memory of Provincial Constable Alfred J. Ferguson, who was tragically killed at the age of 38 in a motor vehicle collision on May 23, 1940. He was survived by his wife, 12-year-old son, parents, six brothers and three sisters. Memorial signs with the officer’s name and police service crest have been posted at each side of the bridge in his honour.
- The City of Kenora has received $400,000 for its Lake of the Woods Museum – to protect and preserve local and Indigenous artifacts and improve the building’s accessibility & the Municipality of Oliver Paipoonge is receiving $477,375 to build a car museum to house a collection of racing cars and automotive paraphernalia next to the Founders’ Museum and Pioneer Village.
- Congratulations to Carol Chlebus of Sault Ste. Marie the winner of $250,000 with an INSTANT THE GAME OF LIFE purchased at Krazy Ernie’s Food Mart.