On November 9, 2019, at approximately 6:15 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a report of an assault in Hornepayne, Ontario.
The investigation revealed that the accused had assaulted and threatened one victim prior to breaking into a residence and assaulting a second victim. As a result of the investigation, John FORT, a 40-year-old, from Hornepayne, Ontario, was charged with the following:
- Assault Cause Bodily Harm – Choke, suffocate or strangle, contrary to section 267(c) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Overcome Resistance by Attempting to Choke, Suffocate or Strangle another Person, contrary to section 246(a) of the CC,
- Assault, contrary to section 266 of the CC,
- Break, Enter Dwelling House – Commit Indictable Offence, contrary to section 348(1)(b) of the CC,
- Uttering Threats – Cause Death or Bodily Harm (Two Counts), contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC,
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order (Two Counts), contrary to section 733.1(1) of the CC.
The accused was remanded into custody pending a bail hearing.
- SE OPP Chapleau – Traffic Stop results in Drug and Currency Seizure & Arrests - December 21, 2020
- SE OPP Wawa – Couple charged with Failure to comply with release order - December 16, 2020
- SE OPP Chapleau – Chapleau resident charged with Failure to comply with release order - December 16, 2020