Receiving health care services in Northern Ontario often requires travel for patients and their families. Rather than driving or finding a ride, Ontario Northland is providing scheduled daily service to many of the region’s hospitals.
“There was a transportation need in the North, and we met the need by developing this service,” states Tracy MacPhee, Director of Passenger Operations. “Our team is very proud to be providing this essential service to Northerners. The safety and the comfort of the bus, and the customer-focused drivers, will be beneficial as passengers travel back and forth to medical appointments.”
“Patients and families served by our hospital have told us that care close to home is important to them. Having Ontario Northland bus service right at our door provides a safe and reliable transportation option for those who may not have access to personal vehicles or who want to leave the driving to someone else,” says Ron Gagnon, President and CEO, Sault Area Hospital.
As of July 2018, Ontario Northland has drop off and pick up locations at:
- Sudbury Health Sciences North
- North Bay Regional Health Centre
- Timmins and District Hospital
- Sault Area Hospital (excluding Saturdays)
- Temiskaming Hospital
- Englehart and District Hospital
For schedules and more info call 1.800.461.8558 or visit ontarionorthland.ca
- Tourism and Forestry Industry Shake Hands - July 4, 2022
- Les élèves de l’ÉSC Trillium approfondissent leurs connaissances sur la richesse et la diversité des cultures autochtones - July 1, 2022
- ÉSC Trillium students deepen their knowledge of the richness and diversity of Indigenous cultures - July 1, 2022