On Monday October 02, 2017, at approximately 11:40 am members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Superior East Wawa Detachment responded to a local Wawa address regarding a domestic dispute in progress. Investigation revealed that a dispute had taken place between a male and a female.
As a result a 20 year old Wawa, Ontario male was arrested and charged with the following offence:
- Adult Mischief- Domestic contrary to section 430 (4) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
And an 18 year old female was arrested and charged with the following offence;
- Adult- Assault contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code of Canada.
Both accused were released from custody and are to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Wawa Ontario on November 6, 2017.
- SE OPP Wawa – Men Charged in Break in at Local School - July 22, 2020
- SE OPP Wawa – Names of Fugitive Pair Released - July 16, 2020
- SE OPP – Pair arrested after Canine and ERT Overnight Search - July 15, 2020