On Saturday, September 16, 2017, at approximately 8:20 pm members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Superior East Wawa Detachment received a report of a theft of gas from a Chapleau gas station. Police were given a description of both the motor vehicle and the female driver. The motor vehicle was later observed approximately 20 kilometres from Wawa on Highway 101 where it was stopped. Investigation revealed that the motor vehicle was stolen from Quebec.
As a result Amelie LAFORGE aged 18 of Saint Joseph Du Lac Quebec was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Adult Possession of a Schedule I Substance- Cocaine contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drug and Substance Act.
- Adult Flight while Pursued by Peace Officer contrary to section 249.1 (1) of the Criminal Code of Canada,
- Adult Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000- in Canada contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada,
- Adult Theft Under $5,000 contrary to section 334(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
The accused was held into custody pending a bail hearing on Monday, September 18, 2017.
Latest posts by SE OPP - Wawa Detachment (see all)
- SE OPP Wawa – Investigation of Traffic Hazard leads to Impaired Charges - January 3, 2020
- SE OPP Wawa – Lay Charges in Report of Sexual Assault - January 2, 2020
- SE OPP Wawa – Lay Charges in Two New Year’s Day Domestic Disputes - January 2, 2020