Sep 5, 2017 @ 16:51
On September 4, 2017 at approximately 5:00 pm a member of the Sault Ste. Marie Highway Safety Division responded to a traffic complaint of a pickup truck travelling westbound at a high rate of speed on Highway 17 east. The vehicle was stopped for speeding at Reid’s Road on Highway 17.
As a result of further police investigation 247 grams of cocaine, 110 pills of methamphetamines (also known as speed) and a small amount of Cannabis Resin were located in the vehicle for a street value total of $25,805. An undisclosed amount of cash was also located in the vehicle.
The driver and lone occupant of the vehicle, 30 year old Craig William Madsen of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking contrary to Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking, Schedule I Substance contrary to the CDSA
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Schedule II Substance under 1 gram contrary to the CDSA
- Driving Motor Vehicle with Open Container of Liquor contrary to section 32(1) Liquor License Act of Ontario
- Speeding contrary to Section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario
The accused was released on Promise to Appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Sault Ste. Marie on October 16, 2017.