Mar 8, 2017 @ 15:57
Council held a regular council meeting, March 7th at 6 p.m. Councillor Liddle expressed a pecuniary conflict with items 12.1, and 14.2 and 14.3 (both in the In Camera meeting).
After the special presentation to Kevin & Pam Sabourin, Council listened to the presentation of the Housing Needs Study (see below) by Kieth Harriman and Angela White. There was an open house earlier today (March 8th at the Royal Canadian Legion Hall).
The following meetings have been scheduled:
- Community Well-Being Fund Committee – Wednesday, March 8, 2017, at 7:00 p.m., Council Chambers
- Heritage Committee Meeting – Wednesday, March 15, 2017, at 7:00 p.m., 3 Maple Street
- Special Corporate Planning Meeting – 2017 Operating Budget Review – Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 6:00 pm, Council Chambers
- Community Development Committee Meeting – Monday, March 27, 2017, at 6:30 p.m., MMCC Meeting Room
- Strategic Plan Implementation Committee Meeting – Wednesday, March 29, 2017, at 2:00 p.m., 3 Maple Street
- Regional Mayors Group Meeting -Monday, April 3, 2017, at 11:00 a.m., 3 Maple Street
- Regular Council Meeting – Tuesday, April 4, 2017, at 6:00 p.m., Council Chambers
- Corporate Planning & Policy Manual Committee Meeting – Tuesday, April 11, 2017, at 6:00 p.m., Council Chambers
- Police Services Board Meeting – Wednesday, April 12, 2017, at 2:00 p.m., Council Chambers
Council received a number of minutes from various boards, and approved the accounts for February 2017.
In new business, Councillor Sandra Weitzel put forth a motion: Comprehensive Expense Report Regarding Complaints, Investigations and Legal Proceedings Occurring Since October 1, 2015. Councillor Liddle had declared a pecuniary conflict of interest, how’re she remained in the room for the discussion. A comprehensive expense report will be generated by staff, for the first Council Meeting in April.
The following by-laws were passed:
- By-Law No. 3015-17 – to confirm the proceedings of Council at its meetings held on the 21st day of February, 2017 and the 7th day of March, 2017.
- By-Law No. 3016-17 – to delegate authority to provide marriage solemnization services to Ms. Desiree Norwegian.
- By-Law No. 3017-17 – to authorize the sale of Municipal Land located at 66 Pinewood Drive in the Municipality of Wawa to Basic Building Supply Inc.
After a short recess, Council proceeded with an in camera meeting to discuss the following:
- Legal Issue (1 Item): Code of Conduct Complaint Update – Ongoing Harassment – advice that is subject to solicitor client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose (Municipal Act, c.25, s.239 (2) (f))
- Legal Issue (1 Item): Code of Conduct Complaint – Reconsideration of Sanctions – advice that is subject to solicitor client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose (Municipal Act, c.25, s.239 (2) (f))