Feb 15, 2022 at 07:56
Weather: Extreme Cold Warning & Snowfall Warning
- Today – Sunny this morning then a mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of flurries late this afternoon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 10. Wind chill minus 36 this morning and minus 13 this afternoon. Risk of frostbite. UV index 2 or low.
- Tonight – Cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Snow at times heavy and local blowing snow beginning this evening. Local amount 10 cm. Wind becoming south 30 km/h gusting to 50 near midnight. Temperature rising to minus 4 by morning. Wind chill minus 18 this evening and minus 13 overnight.
COVID-19 Stats in Algoma (February 14, 3:00 p.m.)
|Current||Previous||Change from previous report|
|Close contact of a confirmed case||1,440||1,438||2|
|Unknown Source of Infection||2,400||2,370||30||Evidence of Community Spread||Recent Cases|
|Central & East Algoma||457||456||1||Yes||Yes|
|Elliot Lake & Area||156||155||1||Yes||Yes|
|Sault Ste. Marie & Area||3,656||3,624||32||Yes||Yes|
- Team Jacobs has won the right to represent Northern Ontario at the national curling championship thanks to a 6-5 win over Sandy MacEwan Sunday in the Northern Ontario Curling Association men’s provincial playdowns
- Premier Doug Ford will be joined by Vic Fedeli, Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation, and Trade, and Todd Smith, Minister of Energy, for an announcement at 10 a.m.
- The Operating Budget for 2022 will be presented tonight at Wawa Municipal Council