Feb 12, 2022 at 07:56
Weather: Extreme Cold Warning
- Today – Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 19. Wind chill minus 38 this morning and minus 26 this afternoon. Risk of frostbite. UV index 1 or low.
Tonight – Partly cloudy. Becoming clear overnight. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 31. Wind chill minus 28 this evening and minus 36 overnight. Risk of frostbite.
COVID-19 Stats in Algoma (February 10, 3:00 p.m.):
|Current||Previous||Change from previous report|
|Close contact of a confirmed case||1,418||1,405||13|
|Unknown Source of Infection||2,305||2,276||29||Evidence of Community Spread||Recent Cases|
|Central & East Algoma||446||436||10||Yes||Yes|
|Elliot Lake & Area||153||149||4||Yes||Yes|
|Sault Ste. Marie & Area||3,579||3,521||58||Yes||Yes|
- Brad Jacobs remains unbeaten through two days at the Northern Ontario Curling Association provincial playdowns.
- Peter Bethlenfalvy, Minister of Finance, will release Ontario’s 2021–22 Third Quarter Finances and provide an update on Ontario’s economic and fiscal outlook Monday morning.
- Tomorrow, February 13 marks the 11th annual celebration of World Radio Day as proclaimed by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). This year’s theme is “Radio and Trust”.
- The Ontario government is investing $90 million over three years through the new Addictions Recovery Fund to immediately expand addictions services and increase the number of treatment beds across the province.
Latest posts by Brenda Stockton (see all)
- Morning News – June 5 - June 5, 2023
- Morning News – June 3 - June 3, 2023
- Power Outage Affects Wawa & Area – RESTORED - June 2, 2023