Feb 12, 2022 at 07:56
Weather: Extreme Cold Warning
- Today – Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 19. Wind chill minus 38 this morning and minus 26 this afternoon. Risk of frostbite. UV index 1 or low.
Tonight – Partly cloudy. Becoming clear overnight. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 31. Wind chill minus 28 this evening and minus 36 overnight. Risk of frostbite.
COVID-19 Stats in Algoma (February 10, 3:00 p.m.):
|Current||Previous||Change from previous report|
|Close contact of a confirmed case||1,418||1,405||13|
|Unknown Source of Infection||2,305||2,276||29||Evidence of Community Spread||Recent Cases|
|Central & East Algoma||446||436||10||Yes||Yes|
|Elliot Lake & Area||153||149||4||Yes||Yes|
|Sault Ste. Marie & Area||3,579||3,521||58||Yes||Yes|
- Brad Jacobs remains unbeaten through two days at the Northern Ontario Curling Association provincial playdowns.
- Peter Bethlenfalvy, Minister of Finance, will release Ontario’s 2021–22 Third Quarter Finances and provide an update on Ontario’s economic and fiscal outlook Monday morning.
- Tomorrow, February 13 marks the 11th annual celebration of World Radio Day as proclaimed by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). This year’s theme is “Radio and Trust”.
- The Ontario government is investing $90 million over three years through the new Addictions Recovery Fund to immediately expand addictions services and increase the number of treatment beds across the province.