Feb 4, 2022 at 07:56
Weather: Extreme Cold Warning in effect
- Today – A mix of sun and cloud. 60 percent chance of flurries late this morning and this afternoon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 15. Wind chill minus 39 this morning and minus 19 this afternoon. Risk of frostbite. UV index 1 or low.
Tonight – Partly cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries this evening and after midnight. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 30. Wind chill minus 23 this evening and minus 39 overnight. Risk of frostbite.
- Gas is getting even more expensive. Gas prices are up to 1.699/L in White River and 1.599 in Wawa. Analysts say that prices will continue to rise.
- Congratulations to Louise Franklin, she is January’s winner of the ARCH 50/50 draw, winning $28,422.
- Monte McNaughton, Minister of Labour, Training and Skills Development, will be joined by Lisa Thompson, Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, to make an announcement about jobs in the food and beverage manufacturing sector in Peel Region and across the province at 10 a.m.
- Premier Doug Ford will join Canada’s Premiers in a virtual news conference hosted by British Columbia Premier John Horgan at 3 p.m. today.