On Saturday, July 28, 2018, members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Superior East (Wawa) Detachment began an investigation into several reports of Break and Enters and thefts complaints to cottages located on Hawk Lake. Preliminary investigation revealed that various items had been taken including firearms.
As a result of police investigation Bryan SHOREY (20) of Wawa, Ontario was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- 2 counts Adult Break & Enter a place -commit indictable offence contrary to section 348(1)(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada,
- Adult Break & Enter a place and steal a firearm contrary to section 98(1)(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada,
- Adult Possession Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 – in Canada contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada,
- Adult Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm contrary to section 91(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada,
- Adult Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted weapon obtained by crime contrary to section 96(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
The accused was released from custody and his to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Wawa, Ontario on Monday, October 15, 2018.
- SE OPP Wawa – Wawa Man charged during Break in - April 2, 2020
- SE OPP Wawa – Person arrested and charged with Uttering Threats - March 17, 2020
- SE OPP Wawa – Collision results in Impaired Charges - March 17, 2020