Mar 21, 2022 at 07:56
- Today – Sunny. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light near noon. High plus 3. Wind chill minus 14 this morning. UV index 4 or moderate.
- Tonight – Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 12. Wind chill minus 16 overnight.
|Current||Previous||Change from previous report|
|Confirmed Cases in 2022||3,833||3,787||46|
|Deceased in 2022||21||20||1|
|Central & East Algoma||593||591||2|
|Elliot Lake & Area||238||233||5|
|Sault Ste. Marie & Area||4,971||4,934||37|
- In the first game of the Mercantile Playoffs Northern Lights Ford won over the Legionnaires 4-1 in last night’s game. The next game is tonight (MMCC) at 9:00 p.m. and will feature Trans Canada Chrysler vs Mission Motors
- Masking requirements in most places including schools is being dropped today. Masks are required on public transit, in long-term care, retirement homes and other health-care settings, shelters, jails and congregate care and living settings, including homes for individuals with developmental disabilities. You can still choose to wear a mask.
- All other regulatory requirements for businesses will be removed, including passive screening and safety plans
- Ontario will continue providing rapid-antigen tests and PPE to schools and businesses
- Enhanced cleaning, optimizing air quality and ventilation and absence reporting will remain in schools
- Solicitor General Sylvia Jones will be joined by Attorney General Doug Downey to make an announcement at 9:00 a.m. in Mississauga
- Paul Calandra, Minister of Long-Term Care, will be joined by Lisa MacLeod, MPP for Nepean, to make an announcement at 1:30 p.m.