Mar 2, 2022 at 07:56
- Today – Periods of snow ending this morning then mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of light snow. Local amount 2 cm. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 late this morning. High minus 6. Wind chill minus 22 this morning and minus 13 this afternoon. UV index 2 or low.
- Tonight – Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 27. Wind chill minus 17 this evening and minus 31 overnight. Risk of frostbite.
At 7:19 a.m. Environment Canada issued a Weather advisory for Agawa – Lake Superior Park.
|Current||Previous||Change from previous report|
|Close contact of a confirmed case||1,605||1,592||13|
|Unknown Source of Infection||2,932||2,871||61||Evidence of Community Spread||Recent Cases|
|Central & East Algoma||530||524||6||Yes||Yes|
|Elliot Lake & Area||200||196||4||Yes||Yes|
|Sault Ste. Marie & Area||4,272||4,219||53||Yes||Yes|
- Congratulations to Lisa McCormick from Batchewana First Nation who won February’s SAH Foundation 50/50 Draw. She won the Grand Prize Jackpot of $224,032 + a $30,000 Northshore Sports & Auto Gift Card OR $20,000 cash.
- At the Magino construction project, Dan Symons, Vice President, Corporate Development & Investor Relations stated “we continue to make good progress and remain on schedule. We anticipate having secured the required financing, primarily in the form of debt financing, by the second quarter of 2022 to fund the remainder of the Magino construction capital.”
- Registration for Science North Summer Science Camps in over 30 Northern Ontario communities, including Wawa. Wawa’s Summer Science Camps will be held from August 22 – 26, with prices ranging from $166 to $280 per week, and three different age groups. Visit the Science North’s website for more information.