Feb 28, 2022 at 08:56
- Today – Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries late this afternoon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 9. Wind chill minus 33 this morning and minus 12 this afternoon. Risk of frostbite. UV index 2 or low.
- Tonight = Snow. Amount 5 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 13. Wind chill near minus 16.
|Current||Previous||Change from previous report|
|Close contact of a confirmed case||1,585||1,583||2|
|Unknown Source of Infection||2,825||2,798||27||Evidence of Community Spread||Recent Cases|
|Central & East Algoma||517||517||0||Yes||Yes|
|Elliot Lake & Area||194||193||1||Yes||Yes|
|Sault Ste. Marie & Area||4,189||4,164||25||Yes||Yes|
- The NDP is putting forth a motion today at Queen’s park that will focus on rural and small town hospitals and surgeries. The motion calls for a $1.3-billion investment — a number pegged by the independent Financial Accountability Office of Ontario — to clear the backlog of surgeries people are waiting for. It also includes a strategy and funding to meet broader health care needs in rural and small town Ontario, and support for local hospitals and community clinics with a health care hiring strategy that includes the repeal of Bill 124, Ford’s low-wage bill.
- The Ontario government is providing $1 million through the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) to support the expansion of Avery Construction Ltd. in Sault Ste. Marie. The funding will be used to purchase a portable asphalt plant, allowing the company to provide a more environmentally sound asphalt for use on local road projects, as well as for paving parking lots, pathways and driveways.
- Premier Doug Ford will be joined by Monte McNaughton, Minister of Labour, Training and Skills Development, to make an announcement at 11 a.m. in Toronto.
Latest posts by Brenda Stockton (see all)
- Rock Island House Concert June 9th – Catriona Sturton & Alex Charbonneau - June 6, 2023
- Morning News – June 6 - June 6, 2023
- Morning News – June 5 - June 5, 2023