On January 6, 2022 at approximately 1:12 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a single motor vehicle collision on Highway 17 in Peever Township.
Through investigation, the driver was determined to be impaired by alcohol. As a result, Randy RUNNING, 46-years-of-age, of Sault Ste. Marie was charged with the following:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs, contrary to section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC), and
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus), contrary to section 320.14(1)(b) of the CC.
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on February 7, 2022 in Wawa.
- SE OPP – White River Resident Charged With Assault - January 25, 2022
- SE OPP – Impaired Charges laid after Collision - January 11, 2022
- SE OPP – Wawa Resident faces Multiple Charges after Domestic Dispute - January 11, 2022