On January 6, 2022 at approximately 1:12 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a single motor vehicle collision on Highway 17 in Peever Township.
Through investigation, the driver was determined to be impaired by alcohol. As a result, Randy RUNNING, 46-years-of-age, of Sault Ste. Marie was charged with the following:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs, contrary to section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC), and
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus), contrary to section 320.14(1)(b) of the CC.
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on February 7, 2022 in Wawa.
- SE OPP Wawa – Theft Charges Laid - August 15, 2022
- SE OPP White River – Traffic Complaint leads to Dangerous Operation and other charges - August 15, 2022
- SE OPP Chapleau – Impaired Charges laid after complaint - August 15, 2022