Members from the Manitoulin Detachment Crime Unit of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), under the direction of the OPP’s Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB), have laid additional charges in connection with a sexual assault investigation that commenced on December 28, 2021.
Michael LAPLANTE, 29-year-old resident of Lively has also been charged with:
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose, contrary to section 88 of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Imitation Firearm – Use While Committing Offence, contrary to section 85(2)(a) of the CC
- Carrying Concealed Weapon, contrary to section 90 of the CC
- Invitation of Sexual Touching under 16 Years of Age, contrary to section 152 of the CC
- Uttering Threats – Cause Death or Bodily Harm, contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC (Three Counts)
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Sudbury on January 13, 2022.
- East Algoma OPP – Charges laid theft at local gas bar - January 26, 2022
- East Algoma OPP – Charges laid after assault - January 26, 2022
- Nipigon OPP – Stolen Vehicle found, Driver Arrested - January 21, 2022