At this time, APH is conducting a careful investigation to identify close contacts. Examples of close contacts include household members, people who have been in direct physical contact or belong to the same classroom/cohort, and people who have spent more than 15 minutes together within 2 metres or 6 feet of each other, such as while sharing a meal. Brief interactions, like walking past someone in a hallway are not generally considered close contact situations.
If the investigation identifies a confirmed case in the setting, APH will notify all low risk and high risk close contacts through email to provide further guidance and direction.
APH reassures families from Korah Collegiate that if they do not receive a potential exposure letter at this time, their child is not considered a potential close contact of the investigation, in which case APH does not recommend having their child tested unless they are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
Algoma District School Board and Algoma Public Health are working with the school community to review and confirm important practices to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19, including:
- Be fully vaccinated by receiving 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine if you are eligible
- Always practice physical distancing
- Wear a mask or face covering in all indoor public settings
- Wear a mask or face covering outdoors if physical distancing cannot be maintained
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Anyone 12+ who needs a COVID-19 vaccine can book an appointment or show up at a walk-in, pop-up, or mobile COVID-19 vaccine clinic.
For more information about COVID-19 please visit the APH website by following this link. For further information about ADSB’s Covid-19 protocols please visit www.adsb.on.ca.
- Robinson Huron Treaty First Nations continue to ask Premier Ford to suspend Ontario’s appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada - June 25, 2022
- Argonaut Gold Announces Terms to Fully Finance the Magino Construction Project - June 24, 2022
- Conseil scolaire catholique Nouvelon ranks fifth in Ontario for energy efficiency - June 22, 2022