The Algoma District Services Administration Board (ADSAB) Housing Services Program currently requires an:
ON-SITE CONTACT TENANT
35 Algoma Street, Wawa
The Contact Tenant is required to reside at 35 Algoma Street, Wawa during their employment with the ADSAB. In exchange for duties and responsibilities the Contact Tenant is entitled to all inclusive, rent-free accommodations for a one-bedroom apartment valued in accordance with Income Tax regulations. Amenities include:
- water and;
- telephone (excluding personal long distance charges), and
- All rights and responsibilities afforded to tenants at 35 Algoma Street.
Regular employment duties include:
- Acting as an ADSAB point of contact for tenants
- Reporting maintenance problems to Supervisor
- Reporting vandalism or other property damage to the Supervisor
- Assisting with tenant lock-outs
- Performing daily fire panel checks, investigating causes of fire alarm calls
- Reporting emergency situations as required to 911
- Performing daily building security checks
- Providing prospective tenants access to view vacant units, as requested by ADSAB
- Application of salt/sand with occasional snow removal at entry/exit areas
- Occasional general cleaning/maintenance of building interior
For a list of other occasional duties, please contact Human Resources.
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and interact well with tenants and visitors to the building. They must have the physical capability and endurance to effectively perform the duties listed above and produce satisfactory results of a locally-run criminal record search. Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé no later than Friday, May 20, 2022, demonstrating your suitability for this position.
Human Resources Department
1 Collver Road
Phone : (705) 842-3370 ext. 265
Fax : (705) 842-3747
E-mail: [email protected]
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodation for candidates with disabilities will be provided upon request for the interview and selection process. Faxed or e-mailed (Word format) applications are strongly encouraged.