Oct 11, 2017 @ 09:31
On October 7, 2017, shortly after 1:30 p.m., members from the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Detachment responded to a single motor vehicle collision on Highway 17 east of the Town of Thessalon.
Investigation determined that an intoxicated female had been driving aggressively eastbound on Highway 17. The female driver then lost control and entered a ditch on Highway 17 in between Maple Ridge Road and North Livingston Road. While the officers were assisting the female driver out of the vehicle they determined the driver had been consuming alcohol.
As a result of the investigation, Marianne GIGUERE, 58 years of age from Thessalon First Nation, Ontario was charged with:
- Driving While Ability Impaired-Motor Vehicle (Alcohol), contrary to section 253(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC); and
- Driving with More Than 80 milligrams of Alcohol in Blood, contrary to section 253(1)(b) of the CC.
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Blind River on October 25, 2017.
Latest posts by Ontario Provincial Police (see all)
- OPP Identify Victim in Collision East of Terrace Bay - October 16, 2017
- East Algoma OPP Investigate Fatal Collision - October 13, 2017
- Impaired Driver found in Thessalon Ditch - October 11, 2017