Oct 11, 2017 @ 09:28
On October 7, 2017, shortly after 4:00 a.m., members from the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Detachment responded to a single motor vehicle collision that occurred at a local motel in the Town of Bruce Mines.
Investigation determined that an intoxicated male backed his pick-up truck through a motel window and caused extensive damage to the motel room. Police located the male driver in a motel room. When speaking to the driver the officer determined the driver had been consuming alcohol.
As a result of the investigation, Austin TUNNEY, 20 years of age from Espanola, Ontario was charged with:
- Driving While Ability Impaired-Motor Vehicle (Alcohol), contrary to section 253(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC); and
- Driving with More Than 80 milligrams of Alcohol in Blood, contrary to section 253(1)(b) of the CC.
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Blind River on November 2, 2017.
Latest posts by Ontario Provincial Police (see all)
- OPP Identify Victim in Collision East of Terrace Bay - October 16, 2017
- East Algoma OPP Investigate Fatal Collision - October 13, 2017
- Impaired Driver found in Thessalon Ditch - October 11, 2017