Jul 9, 2017 @ 12:04
At approximately 12:00 p.m. on July 7, 2017, members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) arrested an individual in relation to the death of 68 year old George Chapman.
The accused, 25-year old Jonathan JOBIN of Sables-Spanish Township, has been charged with:
- Second Degree Murder, contrary to section 235(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada (CC)
- Two (2) counts of Breach of Recognizance, contrary to section 145(3) of the CC
On July 8, 2017, he appeared by video before the Ontario Court of Justice in Sudbury where he was remanded into custody until his next court appearance which is scheduled for Monday, July 10, 2017.
The investigation is continuing under the direction of the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB) Detective Inspector Mark Zulinski.
Anyone with any information regarding this incident should immediately contact the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit information online at www.saultcrimestoppers.com where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2000.
- Morning News – March 20 - March 20, 2023
- Hwy 17 (Marathon to Nipigon) OPEN - March 19, 2023
- Morning News – March 18 - March 18, 2023