Jun 1, 2023 at 08:06
5:17 AM EDT Thursday 1 June 2023
The heat event is expected to persist today, and may continue into Saturday in some locales with max temperatures of 29 to 32 degrees Celsius.
May 31, 2023 at 07:35
The Heat Warning remains in effect for:
- Geraldton – Manitouwadge – Hornepayne
The heat event is expected to persist through Friday and might continue into Saturday in some locales, max temperatures of 29 to 32C and min temperatures of 16-18C.
Heat Warning in effect for:
- Manitouwadge – Hornepayne
Temperatures reaching 30 degrees Celsius combined with overnight lows near 18 degrees Celsius are expected for the next 3 days.
A multi-day heat event spanning today to Thursday and the possibility of Friday, begins today with maximum temperatures: 29 to 32 degrees Celsius, with lows of 16 to 18 degrees Celsius.
- Extreme heat affects everyone. The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.
- Drink plenty of water even before you feel thirsty and stay in a cool place.
- Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
Heat warnings are issued when very high temperature or humidity conditions are expected to pose an elevated risk of heat illnesses, such as heat stroke or heat exhaustion.