Algoma Public Health (APH) is advising that an individual associated with Thessalon Public School has tested positive for COVID-19.
At this time, APH is conducting a careful investigation to identify close contacts. Examples of close contacts include household members, people who have been in direct physical contact or belong to the same classroom/cohort, and people who have spent more than 15 minutes together within 2 metres or 6 feet of each other, such as while sharing a meal. Brief interactions, like walking past someone in a hallway are not generally considered close contact situations. APH will notify all low risk and high risk contacts via letter to provide further guidance and direction.
APH reassures families from Thessalon P.S. that if they do not receive a low risk and/or high risk contact letter, their child is not considered a close contact of the person who tested positive for COVID-19, in which case APH does not recommend having their child tested unless they are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
We are working with the school community to review and confirm important practices to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19, including:
- Be fully vaccinated by receiving 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine if you are eligible
- Always practice physical distancing
- Wear a mask or face covering in all indoor public settings
- Wear a mask or face covering outdoors if physical distancing cannot be maintained
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Anyone 12+ who needs a COVID-19 vaccine can book an appointment or show up at a walk-in, pop-up, or mobile COVID-19 vaccine clinic.
For more information about COVID-19 please visit the APH website by following this link. For further information about ADSB’s Covid-19 protocols please visit www.adsb.on.ca.
- School Bus Cancellations - January 26, 2022
- Des artistes de l’école Saint-Joseph se démarquent au concours de la Légion ! - January 24, 2022
- École Saint-Joseph artists shine in Legion contest! - January 24, 2022