On Wednesday, Mar. 24, 2021, from 12:00 to 1:00 pm ET, Workplace Safety North (WSN) hosts a free Feed Your Brain lunch and learn webinar titled, “Reflecting on one year of COVID-19.”
It’s been over a year since the first case of COVID-19 was detected in Canada. In this session, participants will learn from health and safety professionals as they reflect on how the pandemic has shifted priorities and changed the way we work and the world in which we work.
Three health and safety specialists from three industries – education, mining, and not-for-profit – talk about the lessons they learned adapting to the restrictions and fears surrounding the pandemic, as well as the key takeaways they will be bringing with them into the post-vaccination world.
During the webinar, participants will have the opportunity to learn from specialists in workplace safety.
- Karen McKissick is Coordinator of Safety for the Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board
- Don Langlois is Manager of Workplace Health and Disability Management at Vale
- Elisha Malette is a Health and Safety Specialist with Workplace Safety North
“More than 50 people have already registered, and participants share their questions in advance,” says host Angele Poitras, WSN Community Engagement Specialist. “We shape the presentation into themes that address all of the excellent feedback we received.”
Discussion topics include:
- Personal stories with tangible takeaways and lessons learned
- How to build resilience, pivot and bounce back
- Importance of mental health and wellness strategies and supports
The webinar is hosted by Angele Poitras, WSN Community Engagement Specialist and Certified Psychological Health and Safety Advisor. Participants are encouraged to ask questions in the webinar or pre-submit a question upon registering.
The WSN Feed Your Brain lunch and learn webinar series is designed to help businesses and communities stay up to date on the latest workplace health and safety topics. Employers, workers, and community members are invited to participate in the free series which discusses the most pressing issues we are all facing, and to learn from experts and each other.
- École Saint Nom de Jésus recognized for its efforts to promote health and well-being - September 20, 2021
- L’école Saint Nom de Jésus reconnue pour ses efforts à promouvoir la santé et le bien-être - September 20, 2021
- SIU Investigating Fatal Police-Involved Shooting in Sault Ste. Marie - September 19, 2021