On August 30, 2018, at approximately 11:48 a.m., members of the Temiskaming Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), Marten River Fire Department and North Bay Ambulance Service responded to a call for a motor vehicle collision on Highway 11 near Tonomo Lake Road, south of Temagami, Ontario.
Further investigation revealed that the tractor-trailer had been travelling southbound on Highway 11, and lost control. The truck was carrying long cylinder pipes that spilt all over the highway. The highway had to be closed in both directions to allow for cleanup of the debris.
The driver of the vehicle, Jagmeet MANN, 29-years-old, of Winnipeg, Manitoba was not injured and is charged with the following:
- Fail to drive in marked lane, contrary to section 154(1)(a) of the Highway Traffic Act (H.T.A.), and
- Careless driving, contrary to section 130 of the H.T.A.
The vehicle was towed from the scene and the highway was re-opened shortly after 8:00 p.m.
- Hornepayne OPP – Trafficking Charges Laid - September 28, 2023
- SE OPP – Blind River Man Charged after Traffic Complaint - September 28, 2023
- SE OPP Hornepayne – ATV Impounded, Driver Charged while driving under suspension - September 28, 2023