On August 18, 2018 at approximately 4:15 p.m. officers from the Greenstone Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a single motor vehicle collision on Highway 11, 40 km East of Longlac. A motor vehicle (small car) travelling Eastbound on Hwy 11 lost control, left the roadway, rolled over and came to rest in the ditch. Longlac Fire Department and Longlac Ambulance attended the scene.
A passenger in the vehicle, Kelias ROULEAU, (23 years old) of Quebec was pronounced deceased at the Geraldton District Hospital. The driver and two other passengers of the motor vehicle were transported for medical treatment of minor injuries. The driver of the vehicle, Caroline FILIOUX, (22 years old) has been charged with Careless Driving and will appear in court on the 10 October 2018 to answer to the charges.
The Technical Traffic Collision Investigation (TTCI) attended the scene to conduct their investigation. Highway 11 was closed for approximately seven hours as a result of the collision.
The passenger, Christopher LANGEVIN (30 years old) of Quebec has also been charged with the following offences under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act:
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance – Methamphetamine
- Trafficking Schedule II Substance – Cannabis Marihuana under 3 kilograms
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Cocaine
- Possession of a Schedule III Substance
LANGEVIN will appear in video bail court on August 27, 2018 in Thunder Bay.
- Thunder Bay OPP investigate sudden death - November 26, 2021
- Manitoulin OPP – No Injuries in collision With School Bus - November 25, 2021
- Manitoulin OPP lay charges in January 2021 Shooting Incident - November 24, 2021