Monday Morning News – October 2

Weather – Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Wind becoming south 30 km/h gusting to 50 this morning. High 19. UV index 3 or moderate.Tonight will be mainly cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm overnight. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light this evening. Low 14.

Marine – Strong wind warning in effect. Wind southeast 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 near noon then veering to south 20 overnight. Wind veering to southwest 25 Tuesday evening. Waves one and one half metres building to 2 this afternoon.

News Tidbits – The Ontario Minimum wage has increased to $11.60 per hour. Jagmeet Singh is the NDP’s new leader. Julie Payette officially becomes Canada’s 29th Governor General today at a formal ceremony in the Senate this morning.

Did you know that in 1950, Charles M. Schulz’s cartoon strip, Peanuts, featuring Charlie Brown first appeared?

Brenda Stockton
Latest posts by Brenda Stockton (see all)